Some creative ideas are big, so big that any old studio won’t get the job done. That’s where large studio hire becomes not just a luxury, but a necessity. There are a variety of studios for hire in Canberra, ranging from spaces optimal for podcasting, to large spaces for videography and everything in between. If you’re looking to rent a large studio in Canberra for all things creative, though, look no further than FT Studio. Our creative studio space is available for bookings for photography, videography, podcasting and a range of other creative needs. We’re one of Canberra’s largest studio offerings located in the suburb of Beard ACT (just past Fyshwick, near to Oaks Estate and Queanbeyan).
Production, Film and Photo Studio Rent in Canberra
Whether you’re doing photography or videography, FT Studio has got you covered. We’ve had a wide variety of shoots in our space, including:
- family portraits
- corporate headshots
- content video production
- advertising photography
- and product photography sessions.
Our space is one of Canberra’s largest studios at 126 square metres in size with the height of the studio sitting at 6.1 metres tall at the lowest point. Are you thinking about running a workshop? FT Studio can be used to facilitate workshops, or a range of events (depending on timing). We also work on an ongoing basis with creative who require ongoing use of a space like ours, and we would encourage you to get in touch to discuss.
You can take the hassle out of sourcing your own gear by using the inclusions or booking additional equipment from our long list of photography equipment for hire in Canberra. Our equipment list is ever growing, with items including a portable green screen, a variety of furniture, lighting options and backdrops. If you’re after a particular type of fitting, send us through an enquiry, and we’ll either provide it in-house or show you where you can best source the suitable pieces from.
The facilities at FT Studio include a kitchenette, which includes coffee and tea making facilities, a microwave, dishwasher and fridge. We also have high speed internet to make your live streaming and uploads a breeze. FT Studio is a disability-friendly space and has no stairs inside the studio which makes it suitable for wheelchairs and strollers. If you’re planning to have makeup done on site, we have space for that too, along with
Preparing for your creative studio hire
Parking and Public Transport
Should you need to bump in and bump out your own gear, FT Studio does have a loading zone directly in front of the studio roller door. There is a large amount of free curbside parking available out the front for all attendees of your shoot. If you don’t intend on travelling to the studio by car, we suggest you opt for a rideshare arrangement with a local taxi company or Uber as the public transport system to Beard is not easiest or fastest mode of transport to FT Studio. You can read more about this on our Getting Here page.
We have our own kitchenette which you are welcome to use throughout your booking. If you would rather purchase food, there are a variety of food options for takeaway in Queanbeyan and Fyshwick. Alternatively, feel free to order food to be delivered to FT Studio. Should you require catering for your booking, we can assist with some suggestions as well.
The benefits of hiring a large studio in Canberra
- Space to spread out: during your session, the whole studio space is yours to use. This means that you can bring large groups into the venue should you need.
- Versatility: while some areas within the space are dedicated shoot space with mounted backdrops, each area within the studio can be used as a background if you put your mind to it.
- Ease of access: there are three points of entry into the studio, one being through our 5-metre tall roller door. With it’s extraordinary height, you can easily perform your bump in and bump out process with ease.
- Have multiple shots happening at the same time: with our multiple styles of background options, you can have a range of setups taking place in the same room.
- You can bring your own equipment: while we are equipped with own gear, sometimes you want to use items you’re familiar with using. At FT Studio, you’re more than welcome to bring as much or as little gear as you want. If you’re looking for specific items, we can help you out by providing a hire option or pointing you in the right direction as to where you can source certain pieces from.
- Freedom to capture what you want: the opportunities are endless at FT Studio. In the past, we’ve had muscle cars in the studio as part of music videos, fire eating circus acts and many more.
- Natural light: let in huge amounts of natural light simply by opening up the roller door.
- Refreshments available throughout your booking: refreshments such as tea and coffee are available in the shared kitchenette.
Studio Hire Canberra Pricing
Our studio is available for hourly, half day or full day hire on weekdays, weekends and public holidays depending on your booking requirements. f you choose to use FT Studio for your next shoot, you can expect a variety of lighting and background options along with facilities and refreshments to be included. If you require particular items such as a green screen, we can assist with hiring this at an added charge. You can find out more about our prices on our studio hire rates page. All our rates do include GST.
Enquire at FT Studio for all things creative
FT Studio is the perfect blank canvas for your next shoot in Canberra. Reach out to the team today to find out if our photography studio is available for your next shoot.